Click here for your Gun Insurance - Gun Guard Insurance

Terms of use


Why Use Bell Bros?


Bell Bros will provide you with a no commitment appraisal and if required, we can transfer to any other Auction House or similar RFD. Once you are satisfied with our arrangement and we have sold your gun, we will inform the correct authorities on your behalf.


We are based in central London with a highly competitive commission rate. Open 5 days a week compared with most auction house, which typically have 3-4 quarterly sales a year. We try and achieve the best price on your gun, whilst providing the buyer with accurate information. Our staff will design a 360-degree cataloguing on our progressive and professional website. We benefit from being outside the Congestion Charge Zone and have plenty residential parking just outside our premise.

Sellers Fee’s explained

  • 20% up to and including £5,000
  • 15% in excess of the price above £5,000 and up to and including £50,000
  • 10% of the excess of the price above £50,001

VAT on premium to apply


Typical London Auction House fee’s Including VAT explained

  • Sellers 12.5-15% (TBN) buyers 30% on Hammer up to £5k         = Total Comm 45%
  • Sellers 12.5-15% (TBN) buyers 26.5% on Hammer between £5.1k and £30k = Total Comm 41.5%
  • Sellers 12.5-15% (TBN) Buyers 24% on Hammer between £30.1k and £50k  = Total Comm 39%
  • Sellers 12.5-15% (TBN) Buyers 18% on Hammer over £50.1k          = Total Comm 33%

VAT on premium achieved on hammer


Sellers Offer’s

In most cases a potential buyer makes an offer on the full asking price. However, by ticking the box on page 1 we have your permission to negotiate a small agreed discount. This is especially useful if the seller is uncontactable and a serious offer has been made.



All NEW guns purchased from Bell Bros Gunmaker’s come with a manufacture warranty in align with manufacture stipulation. Second hand guns: unless other wise stated  have the following warranty: A  buyer shall not rely purely upon the catalogue description, but shall satisfy themselves as to the physical condition and the description of the item sold. All condition reports are provided in Good faith by us. Buyers are reminded that it is their responsibility to check the condition. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by normal wear and tear, gradual deterioration or inherent vice or defect, proofing or repair process unless otherwise stated with each item. Warranties are excluded unless expressly written from Bell Bros Gunmaker’s or Archie Bell ltd. Each individual using a second hand gun is reminded to follow the “Rules of Proof 2006” and not to go against rules set out by C.I.P, these rules may change and this is the buyers responsibility to check. Please ask a member of staff for Warranty on second hand guns. If stated as a “second hand gun” with warranty this will not include furniture, stock or strikers. The buyer is required to arrange his or her own transport back to Bell Bros if a warranty is requested. Please ask a member of staff before purchase if there are any questions.


Archie Bell Ltd of shooting organisations (G.T.A & B.A.S.C)


Associated costs

Transportation on all items is insured independently during transport up to £5k with Hiscox insurance.

  • Carriage forward UK Mainland                                 = £60 Inc. VAT
  • Carriage forward Scottish Highland & N. Ireland                  = £80 Inc. VAT
  • Transport to UK Mainland                                          = £50 Inc. VAT
  • Transport to Scottish Highland & N. Ireland                          = £60 Inc. VAT
  • Transfer for an air pistol                                          = £10 Inc. VAT
  • Transfer for an air rifle/moderator/ammunition                  = £15 Inc. VAT
  • Transfer for a shotgun & rifle                                          = £25 Inc. VAT
  • Informing the police on each Firearms                                  = £25 Inc. VAT



All guns must be collected 2 weeks after repair, transfer or sale. Otherwise normal storage rates will apply.

Bell Bros is happy to store shooting related accessories including sleeves, cartridges, cases and all antique accessories. However, they are left at the owner’s risk and are not Bell Bros liability in case of loss or damage.


Repair Work

All repair work on firearms will cover only component parts replaced or repaired. On some occasions work takes longer than anticipated and extra work may be required in order to make the firearm safe.



Pair: A flat fee of £200 for up to 72hrs and every additional day £70+VAT/day.

Single: A flat fee of £100 for up to 72hrs and every additional day £35+VAT/day.
Gun Lending Agreement is provided in store: Note all gun(s) lent must require individual insurance. Please see website for suggested insurance providers.

Please ask a member of staff for any clarification.